Thursday, February 2, 2012

Kindergarten - Kandinsky Circles - 3rd Quarter 2012


Kindergartners are continuing to study different artists in the art room. For this project, we looked at famous Russian artist Wassily Kandinsky. His famous painting Squares with Concentric Circles was our main inspiration. 


Kandinsky "Squares with Concentric Circles" 1913
The kids had a great time creating their own versions. As an added bonus, students were able to review color mixing as they were only given red, yellow and blue paint to work with. Enjoy the beautiful results!  


You can use this website to look more carefully at one of Kandinsky's paintings at home!






8 comments:

  1. The circles are super neat!


    Corinne B. Grade 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mrs.Heyn! I know the artist name. Her name is Eleanor Polen.

    Madison F. Grade 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, Madison! I looked at some of her art...what pretty colors! :) Thanks for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs. Heyn, sorry I have not been on the blog alot!!! But now I am so... here I am!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you are enjoying the blog, Sadie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs. Hyen! I love all the ciricles and scrares and I wish I did that in kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S, that was from Chloe J, grade 3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Chloe! :) Glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete